If you have a basketball lover in your family then you gotta get a copy of this free basketball word search puzzle.
It is a printable PDF word search.
And please share this with your friends by clicking the “Social Share” buttons above.
CLICK HERE to download the Basketball Word Search Puzzle. It opens in a new browser window.
What words are in this basketball word search puzzle?
It contains over 30 words related to basketball including:
- crossover (a very cool style of basketball dribbling)
- three pointer
- free throw
- and many more…
Below is a picture of the puzzle so you can see what it looks like.
Do you need a team to play basketball?
I loved playing basketball when I was younger.
It’s great way to get exercise while having fun.
And even if you can’t play with your friends, it is a great sport you can play by yourself: shooting, dribbling, passing against a wall, and practicing layups.
So many fun things you can do with a basketball.
An Inspiring Basketball Story
If your children need an inspiring story about working hard to get what you want – against the odds – then you need to check out “Muggsy” Bogues.
He is shortest player in NBA history.
He was only 5’3″ tall and he played in the NBA!
Did you know?
Sometimes NBA teams change cities. But they don’t change their team name. That is why the NBA has teams with names that don’t always make sense.
- New Orleans used to have a team called the “Jazz” and the name made sense. But when the team moved to Utah they kept the name Jazz. Utah isn’t exactly known as a hotbed for jazz, yet we still have the Utah Jazz basketball team.
- There aren’t a lot of Lakes in Southern California, yet we have the Los Angeles Lakers. Why? Well because the team used to play in Minneapolis, Minnesota. And there the name “Lakers” made sense because the State of Minnesota’s nickname is the “Land of 10,000 Lakes.”
I hope you enjoy the basketball word search.
And if you want more word search puzzles, check out:
- Hockey Word Search Puzzle
- Football Word Search Puzzle
- NFL Teams Crossword Puzzle
- Pizza Word Search Puzzle
- ‘Out to Eat’ Word search puzzle
- Star Wars Word Search Puzzle
- Harry Potter word search puzzle
- Summer word search puzzle
- Beach scavenger hunt (not a word search but great fun for the kids)
- Biking word search puzzle
Take care and I hope you enjoy your day.
Tim from Puzzletainment